Here Paul Jenkins from AISweb answers the most frequently asked question with web site email.
In this example, we’ll be using Microsoft Outlook, but the settings will be similar whichever email software you use. (We use and recommend Thunderbird from Mozilla)
1. Open MS Outlook and click Tools/E-mail accounts. Click Add a new e-mail account and click Next>
2. Choose POP3 and click Next>
3. Now we are at the TRICKY page.
Carefully check your settings against these example ones, (replace 'yourdomain' with your actual domain name).
Your Outgoing mail server (SMTP) is identical to your Incoming Mail Server, mail.yourdomain.com
Your User Name is your entire email address, not just your name.
Your Password is your email password for this email account.
4. Finally click the More Settings… button and on the Advanced tab, ensure that Leave a copy of message on the server is NOT ticked.
5.You will also see PORT NUMBERS on this page. They should be: 110 Incoming and 587 Outgoing*
6. You are now ready to click Test Account Settings… you should get all ticks and then receive the test email.
* Note: You may be sending via your Internet Service Provider, e.g. Bigpond, Optus etc. In that case, your Outgoing Mail Server will be different, e.g. mail.bigpond.net and your Outgoing Port Number will be 25
Customers of AISweb are welcome to contact us for help.